Enterasys Networks Breaks into Healthcare Informatics Top 100
Company Demonstrates Strong Momentum with Top 100 Listing
+1 603 952 5151
Andover, MA — Jun 13, 2012
Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company, today announced strong growth and commitment to the healthcare IT market with inclusion in the Healthcare Informatics 100, a compilation of the top health IT companies based on revenues from the most recent fiscal year. Joining the ranking for the first time, Enterasys debuted at #64 overall. The list has been compiled by Healthcare Informatics for more than 20 years and provides readers with an information resource and financial overview of the top vendors in the healthcare IT market. Furthermore, as part of its commitment to the healthcare market, Enterasys is leading two events (a twitter chat and webinar) to share its expertise and best practices for implementing a secure bring-your-own-device (BYOD) environment.
“We’re thrilled to be recognized by Healthcare Informatics on the 2012 HCI 100, a designation that confirms our commitment to the healthcare market,” said Bob Nilsson, Director of Vertical Solutions Marketing at Enterasys Networks. “With a large and growing stable of healthcare customers, we are uniquely qualified to help them tackle today’s IT challenges, such as BYOD and regulatory compliance. As healthcare professionals bring mobile devices to the workplace more frequently, our technology and strategy provide healthcare IT with the flexible resources required to manage a comprehensive BYOD program while maintaining costs, control, and security.”
Healthcare IT professionals can participate in the two upcoming events sponsored by Enterasys to learn more about BYOD in their organizations.
: Webinar: Bring Your Own Device in Healthcare (Case Study). Hospitals and medical facilities worldwide are concerned with the BYOD trend and its potential value and risks. More and more doctors are bringing their wireless devices and especially tablet computers into hospitals. During this webinar, participants will cover how this process can be managed to make the difference between a thriving medical environment and a networking disaster.
- Moderator: Christopher R. Paravate, Chief Applications Officer at Northeast Georgia Health Systems
- Doug McDonald, Manager, Wireless Network, Henry Ford Health System, Rochester Hills Data Center
- Ali Youssef, Wireless Solutions Architect Information Technology, Henry Ford Health System
- Gary Rollie, Director of Healthcare Infrastructure Solutions-Enterasys Secure Networks- North America
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Participants can join this complimentary webinar by registering here
WHEN: June 14, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. ET
: Twitter chat: “Implementing BYOD in Healthcare Environments” with participants:
- Doug McDonald, Manager Wireless Network, Henry Ford Health System @DougRMcDonald): Doug McDonald is the Wireless Network Manager with Siemens Enterprise Communications working in a dedicated capacity for Henry Ford Health System in Rochester Hills, Michigan. Doug has thirteen years of experience as an IT professional, five dedicated in healthcare WI-FI. Doug is responsible for over 4.2 million square feet of wireless Infrastructure at Henry Ford Health System. This includes over 3000 access points a number of wireless controllers, and an overlay Intrusion detection/prevention system. He is now leading an initiative to nearly double the wireless footprint at Henry Ford Health System.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Ali Youssef, Wireless Solutions Architect, Henry Ford Health System, (@ayousse1): Ali Youssef is a wireless solutions architect with Siemens Enterprise Communications working in a dedicated capacity for Henry Ford Health System as a biomedical solutions architect. Ali has 12 years of experience with medical device design, network architecture, and project management.
IT managers, network managers, CIOs, users, and anyone with questions that relate to the topic are invited to contribute, follow along, or submit questions to be answered simply by assigning the hashtag #ETSHealth into the tweet. Participants can find details about Enterasys’ Twitter chat series here
WHEN: June 14, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. ET
About Enterasys Networks and Siemens Enterprise Communications
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a premier provider of end-to-end enterprise communications, including voice, network infrastructure and security solutions that use open, standards-based unified communications
and business applications for a seamless collaboration experience. This award-winning “Open Communications” approach enables organizations to improve productivity and reduce costs through easy-to-deploy solutions that work within existing IT environments, delivering operational efficiencies. It is the foundation for the company's OpenPath® commitment that enables customers to mitigate risk and cost-effectively adopt unified communications. Jointly owned by The Gores Group and Siemens AG, Siemens Enterprise Communications includes Cycos and Enterasys Networks. For more information about Siemens Enterprise Communications or Enterasys please visit www.siemens-enterprise.com
View All Press Releases