Enterasys® Intrusion Prevention System
Post-Connect threat analysis, prevention and containment
Enterasys Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) (also known as Dragon® IPS) ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of business critical resources with industry-leading Intrusion Prevention capabilities, including:
- Threat containment that leverages existing network investments
- In-line Intrusion Prevention to provide advanced security in a specific location
- Patented Distributed Intrusion Prevention to automate response to threats in real-time
- Out-of-band Intrusion Detection that simultaneously utilizes multiple response technologies
- Forensics tools for session reconstruction to simplify threat mitigation and resolution
Enterasys IPS is unique in its ability to gather evidence of an attacker’s activity, remove the attacker’s access to the network, and reconfigure the network to resist the attacker’s penetration technique. Enterasys IPS stops attacks at the source of the threat and can proactively protect against future threats and vulnerabilities. Enterasys IPS offers an extensive range of detection capabilities, host-based and network-based deployment options, a portfolio of IPS appliances, and seamless integration with the Enterasys Secure Networks™ architecture. Enterasys IPS utilizes a state-of-the-art high-performance, multi-threaded architecture with virtual sensor technology that scales to protect even the largest enterprise networks.
Enterasys IPS is a core component of the Enterasys Secure Networks architecture. When deployed in combination with Enterasys Security Information & Event Manager (SIEM) and Enterasys NMS Automated Security Manager, it facilitates the automatic identification, location, isolation and remediation of security threats. Enterasys IPS integrates seamlessly with Enterasys Network Access Control (NAC) for post-connect monitoring of behavior once network access has been granted.